PLEASE NOTE: This is a three-part class series; each class is a 3-hour sessions. Registering for this class includes registration for ALL of the sessions below:
CLASS DESCRIPTION In this 3-week class we will walk through the process of creating an original abstract painting using acrylic paint and other mixed media. We will discuss composition, color choice, texture, painting technique and abstract painting concepts.
INSTRUCTOR Scott Hunter studied painting and art history at Boston University. He graduated in 1993 after a classically structured education based on intensive studio training and drawing from life. His related experience includes theatrical set design, illustration, commissioned portraits and wall murals. Scott lives and works in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is represented in many private and public collections. Scott recently had a solo exhibit at The Artsmiths, titled I Love You This Much: Figurative Paintings by Scott Hunter.
SKILL LEVEL Beginner to Intermediate
TUITION $120.00 (due at time of registration) + EVENTBRITE FEE $8.74 (due at time of registration)
MATERIALS NEEDED Please bring the following materials with you. (Materials may be purchased prior to class at art supply stores, such as Artist & Craftsman Supply, Dick Blick, Top Notch, Michaels, Pat Catan’s and larger JoAnn Fabrics stores, or online at any of the above stores, Jerry’s Artarama, Utrecht…)
- 16″ x 20″ pre-stretched canvas or canvas board
- Assorted Acrylic Paints – Suggested Starter Palette: Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Hue, Alizarin or Napthol Crimson, Phthalo Green, Cobalt Blue, Mars Black (or similar starter set)
- Assorted Brushes – Suggested: Nos. 2, 6, 10 Flat Bristle Brushes
- Acrylic Matte Medium
- Additional material for mixed media experimentation will be provided.
- Easels are not provided. Students may bring their own tabletop or standalone easel if desired.
CLASS MINIMUM 4 students.
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY Our instructors require a minimum number of students to teach. In order to minimize cancellations that inconvenience our instructors and other students, class cancellations must be made at least 72 hours prior to the start of class. Students who comply with this requirement will receive a full refund. Students who do not comply will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.